6.17.2010

Gift.

So, Sister Merrill (my branch president's wife) brought me this today. It's a journal for, "A Forty Day Journey Into The Garden of My Life." There's a scripture for each day, quotes and a letter from her. I don't know how she does it!
Honestly, I know I'd be lost without this woman (along with my mom, and a million other people in my life). She's been such an inspiration in my life. A couple days after I first found out about how my nerve got damaged, I got this package from an "anonymous" friend. It was projects for me to do for 2 weeks while I had to be in bed, along with a scripture everyday and a letter to me. I knew it was Sister Merrill, or at the very least she had TONS to do with it. She's honestly amazing, and I hope I can be somewhat like her one day.
She's so funny, on Sunday she was teaching the Sunday School lesson for someone. I really wanted to go to it, but it was Andy's farewell. But, right after he was done giving his talk, I bolted to the Branch so I could hear her lesson. It was halfway over when I got there, but the second I walked I knew she was giving the lesson. The chalkboard had scribbles all over and she had a million books everywhere, but most importantly the spirit was so strong. I love this woman and have such a strong bond with her. She's like me, her thoughts are all over the place. She joked about how I'm the only person who could decipher her lesson notes. She later told me about how nervous she was to give the lesson, but how she was so comforted when I walked in the room. But, this is so ironic to me, because I look up to her so much. She gives me strength when I don't really have any. I think I was late in the line to come down to earth, because we should've been sisters... and I was born in the wrong decade... One day, I was having a really hard time, a little over a month ago, and I was home alone and wasn't sure what to do, and she just called me and talked to me. I hope one day I can return the favor to her, or be a "Sister Merrill" in someones life.
I have such amazing people in my life and I'm so grateful for all I have. Life has been pretty hard. I'm trying to deal with things the best I can, but I feel I've lost alot of who I am through all of this. I can't do what I normally would, but I'm still learning. Thank you all for being patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online